What is Share Warehouses?
Share Warehouses is an online platform that allows warehouse providers to advertise their idle warehouse space to warehouse users. Many warehouse providers have leftover unused space due to seasonal and market fluctuations in demand. Share Warehouses allows providers to put such space to use and generate additional revenue for themselves. For an estimate of how much your warehouse can earn, click on Add Space and input your warehouse location and available space.
What are the advantages of using Share Warehouses?
Our platform offers several unique advantages:
(1) We provide an easy-to-use management system that allows warehouse providers to conveniently and securely manage their orders and invoices. This system allows for deposits and charging by installments, which helps decrease risk of non-collection for warehouse providers.
(2) We provide a bidding system that allows warehouse providers to bid on service requests posted by warehouse users. This innovative feature helps facilitate and optimizes transactions between warehouse users and providers.
(3) We offer several benefits -- including free cargo insurance -- that makes our platform attractive to warehouse users. By incentivizing warehouse users to use our platform, we are able to build a large user database, which helps increase customers for your warehouse.
(4) Unlike other warehouse-sharing platforms, our platform gives warehouse providers complete control over their listings and interactions with customers. By allowing warehouse providers to control their listings and negotiate directly with warehouse users, we create an optimal marketplace for warehouse services.
How do I use your website?
Step 1—List Your Warehouse
Click “Add Space” in the navigation bar, then “Get Started” on the landing page (please note you must have an account and be logged in to proceed). Complete the warehouse listing questionnaire. Publish the listing.
Step 2—Rent Your Warehouse
Receive booking requests via email. Contact the requesting user offline to negotiate terms of service and pricing. Upload your service agreement to our platform via “Transactions” under “Warehouse Provider” in “My Account.”
Step 3—Receive Payment
Send invoice to the user via “Invoices” in “My Account.” Monitor the invoice for payment. Once user makes payment, you will receive a notice in “Messages” and the funds will be deposited to your SMP account. You may begin service once you have received payment.
Step 4—Complete Service
If you are billing via multiple invoices, repeat Step 3 as needed. Complete service. Leave a review of the user.
How do I list my warehouse?
Listing your warehouse on our platform is quick and easy. Simply click on Add Space, then click on Get Started. You will be directed to our warehouse listing form, where you will be prompted to fill in basic warehouse information, features offered, pricing information, and availability. Once you publish your listing, the listing will be viewable by warehouse users.
What do I do after I receive a booking notice?
When a party requests to book your warehouse, you will receive a notice in your Messages inbox in My Account. After you receive notice, the booking party will contact you to negotiate terms of service. Once a service agreement is reached, you will need to upload the agreement to our website by clicking on Transactions under Warehouse Provider in My Account. We will send you a message confirming receipt once we receive the agreement. You may initiate invoice(s) and begin service upon receiving the receipt confirmation. To initiate an invoice, click on Invoices under Warehouse Provider in My Account. You may initiate one invoice or multiple invoices, as needed; for your only or last invoice, please so indicate on the invoice initiation form. All payments are processed through our platform. We automatically deduct a 10% fee from all payments.
How do I edit my warehouse list?
Click on Listings under Warehouse Provider in My Account. Click Edit or Delete for each listing, as needed.
How should I price my warehouse listing?
Listing prices are entirely up to you. You may wish to search other comparable warehouses near your area to ensure your prices are competitive
If some services are not displayed on the platform, you can agree on customers directly offline.
How do I cancel a warehouse booking?
Booking requests may be cancelled before service agreement for that request is signed. This must be done by the warehouse user. After service agreement is signed and uploaded, the order cannot be cancelled unless unusual circumstances, determined by us in our sole discretion, are present.
How do I bid on warehouse service requests?
Step 1—Choose a Bid Request
Click “Submit Bids” under “Bidding.” Review the active bid requests. Click “Submit Bid” for the bid request you wish to bid on. Please note you must publish a warehouse listing on our platform before you will be authorized to submit a bid.
Step 2—Submit your Bid
Select the warehouse you wish to attach to your bid. Fill in the terms of the bid (you may offer some or all of the terms requested by the user). Click “Submit.”
Step 3—Agree on Terms of Service and Pricing
If your bid is unsuccessful, you will not receive further notice. If your bid is successful, the warehouse user will book your warehouse (via the regular booking process).
“Plus” warehouse requirements:
We grant PLUS status to warehouse listings that meet our listing standards. PLUS listings are prioritized in search results and denoted with a PLUS symbol. To qualify for PLUS status, a listing must provide detailed and accurate information about warehouse services and pricing. At minimum, such listings must include:
(1) a minimum of three warehouse photos;
(2) information about warehouse security and fire suppression;
(3) information about availability of standard warehouse services, such as palletization, temperature control, racking, and FBA;
(4) complete and accurate pricing information, including handling and labor fees; and (5) availability of at least 50 pallets of space and lease periods of at least 15 days.
A good rule of thumb with respect to PLUS status, is to fill out the listing questionnaire with as much detail as possible. You can upgrade a non-PLUS listing to PLUS status by editing the listing to meet the criteria set forth above. We periodically check listings for PLUS quality and automatically upgrade all listings that qualify. We reserve sole discretion in determining which listings meet PLUS standards.
What is ‘PLUS’ status?
'PLUS' status is conferred to warehouse listings that meet our quality standards. PLUS listings are:
(1) prioritized in search engine results,
(2) prioritized when customers contact us for recommendations, and
(3) denoted with a PLUS symbol on our website.
To upgrade your listing to PLUS status, simply edit the listing to meet the criteria set forth above. We periodically check listings and automatically upgrade listings that meet our standards to PLUS status. We reserve sole discretion in determining which listings meet PLUS standards.
How to become a Plus warehouse:
When the platform customer service examine the warehouse, if the warehouse meets all the rules and requirements of the Plus, the platform will automatically add the Plus icon to the warehouse, and the warehouse will receive an email with notice of the upgradetion to the Plus level. Otherwise, warehouse can send an email to the platform customer service, email@example.com, or call 213-352-8888 to apply to be Plus warehouse.
What fees do you charge?
We automatically deduct a 10% commission fee from all invoice payments made through our platform. We do not currently charge a membership fee.
Where do I view and withdraw my payments?
Click on Payment Management in My Account to view your funds. Click on Withdraw to withdraw your funds. Follow the instructions provided.